Bean & Mushroom Tacos – Plant-Based + Gluten Free
This is one of many taco ideas to come! It’s super easy to make and a decent amount. This recipe can feed you and a two or three friends! Or you can just make a bunch and have leftovers!
This recipe used the following items:
black beans, kidney beans, bell pepper, white onion, lettuce, avocado, mushrooms, corn tortillas, salsa, nutritional yeast, chilli powder and hot sauce!
Check out the video below to see how to make them! (or scroll down for written instructions)
To make follow these steps:
1) Chop up onions and mushrooms into small pieces
2) Add water and onions to frying pan over medium heat
3) Saute onions till soft. Add water into frying pan as it evaporates
4) Add mushrooms & bell pepper to pan and saute until soft
5) Rinse and drain kidney and black beans
6) Add kidney and black beans to the frying pan
7) Toss in half a large jar of salsa, a couple of tsps of chili powder & around 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
8) Stir and cook for a few more mines till beans are warm
9) Chop up lettuce, and avocado
10) Heat corn tortillas in oven at 350° for 1-2 mins (just until warm) – don’t cook too long or they will get crunchy!
11) Assemble tacos! Top with salsa or hot sauce! YUMMM 🙂
If you loved that video and are looking to make some more plant-based meals. You should grab our guide below to learn how to make some smoothie bowls 🙂 . They are literally the easiest and the tastiest meal of all!
Please note that I am not a doctor, this is entirely based on my personal experience using garlic for yeast infections. It is important to do your own research before deciding if you’d like to try this as some doctors inform against it and I think it’s important to...
It was the summer of 2016 and I’d woken up to the pungent smell of garlic in a hotel room with my best friend. We were on vacation and somehow we both felt a yeast infection brewing in our lady bits - so what did we do? What we’d learned worked best. Grabbed some...
I was exhausted with yo-yo dieting. I felt like I would be forever starting and stoping diets forever. It killed my will power, until I realized what I needed was a long term lifestyle change.
An overgrowth of candida albicans can make your life a living hell. I know. I’ve experienced it first hand and I’ve beat it! Let me show you how.
Social distancing and concerns about health are making now a better time than ever to go plant-based,
Everybody likes a good poop. Especially people with IBS. Whether you talk about it or not, we all know, that having good poops is way up there on your list of top feel-good things. It was a thing I longed for all my life but only came to me sporadically. It was not...
I am not a doctor or dietitian. The information on here is based on what worked for me. There is a lot of research out there on plant-based diets and the positive impact this diet has on health which really made me comfortable with my plant- based lifestyle choice! If you want to dive more into the science/evidence side of things check out our resources section. Any statements made on these platforms are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent any disease or illness. Please consult with your medical practitioner before making any changes to your current diet and lifestyle.