Ep. 2 – Being Vegan in a Small Town, Raising a Vegan Family and Starting a Plant-Based Business
In Episode 2 I sit down with Shauna Chandler. Shauna is a vegan mom of two from my small home town up in Northern British Columbia. Shauna has been vegan for about 5 years now and is raising a fully vegan family. She’s a great little vegan cook and a vegan leader in her community. She also has a plant-based skincare line with her sister Krista.
In this episode we talk about:
- how anxiety led Shauna to look into the vegan lifestyle
- how the lifestyle has impacted her health and well being as well as those around her
- how she transitioned not only herself but also her family to a vegan diet
- the differences between both her vegan and her non-vegan pregnancies.
- what her family eats as vegans
- how she raises vegan kiddies in a non-vegan world
- some tips for making the transition yourself
- forming new habits like running
- making new friends in your community
- about the creation of her side business creating a plant-based, cruelty-free, zero-waste skincare line called Kream Come True.
Shauna’s Instagram: @north.coast.vegan
Kream Come True Skincare: @kreamcometrue
Inquire here for Prince Rupert Running Club – https://www.facebook.com/groups/45454327094/
New Norm Instagram: @thenewnormco
If you consider yourself plant-based or vegan and would love to share your story on the podcast please send me an email at email@example.com .
I am not a doctor or dietitian. The information on here is based on what worked for me. There is a lot of research out there on plant-based diets and the positive impact this diet has on health which really made me comfortable with my plant- based lifestyle choice! If you want to dive more into the science/evidence side of things check out our resources section. Any statements made on these platforms are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent any disease or illness. Please consult with your medical practitioner before making any changes to your current diet and lifestyle.