Loaded Sweet Potato (or Yam) – Plant-Based + Gluten-Free
Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes!!! YUMM⠀
Or would you call this a Yam? I think it is actually a yam but it’s always confusing because at restaurants sweet potato fries come out orange 🤔 – so I just use the term interchangeably ⠀
This a hearty and filling meal and surprisingly easy to make!⠀
You can make big massive ones or a few mini ones depending on the size of sweet potatoes you get!⠀
-2 big sweet potatoes or yams (or 4-6 small ones)⠀
-big can chickpeas⠀
-1/2 white onion⠀
-spices- chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt⠀⠀
-maple syrup (or another sweetener) ⠀
Watch the video for directions or scroll down for written ones 🙂
To make follow these steps:
1) Preheat oven to 425°C
2) Poke 2 big sweet potatoes with a fork about 10 times all over
3) Pop in oven and bake for around an hour depending on size of your potatoes – mine were really big- it will take less time if yours are smaller
4) Cut up onion, mushrooms, peppers, garlic, and zucchini
5) Put onions and garlic into the pan and stir fry with a little bit of water on medium heat until soft (add more water as it evaporates)
6) Add in mushrooms, peppers. and zucchini
7) Drain and rinse 1 can of chickpeas and add into the veggie mixture
8) Add paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, to the veggie mix
9) In a small bowl combine, a dash of maple syrup, about 2 tablespoons tahini and 1/3 cup nutritional yeast, dash of chili powder, garlic powder, salt and a splash of water – mix until you have nice pourable sauce texture (add more water if needed)
You can play around with the ratios till you get a consistency you like!
10) Take sweet potatoes out of the oven when soft and cut a slit down the top and then use a fork to push open the sweet potato so you can put your veggie mixture on top
11) Add veggies on top and sauce and voila! Eat away!
If you loved that video and are wanting to make some more plant-based food grab our guide below to learn how to make epic smoothie bowls. They are literally the easiest and the tastiest meal of all! And my go-to for breakfast almost every day!
It was the summer of 2016 and I’d woken up to the pungent smell of garlic in a hotel room with my best friend. We were on vacation and somehow we both felt a yeast infection brewing in our lady bits - so what did we do? What we’d learned worked best. Grabbed some...
I was exhausted with yo-yo dieting. I felt like I would be forever starting and stoping diets forever. It killed my will power, until I realized what I needed was a long term lifestyle change.
An overgrowth of candida albicans can make your life a living hell. I know. I’ve experienced it first hand and I’ve beat it! Let me show you how.
Social distancing and concerns about health are making now a better time than ever to go plant-based,
Everybody likes a good poop. Especially people with IBS. Whether you talk about it or not, we all know, that having good poops is way up there on your list of top feel-good things. It was a thing I longed for all my life but only came to me sporadically. It was not...
I love oatmeal. It's so easy and versatile. If you don't like oatmeal you've got to expand your horizon and try different types. There are rolled oats, and quick oats, and steel-cut oats. I do not like quick oats but rolled and steel-cut oats are so good! Quick oats...
I am not a doctor or dietitian. The information on here is based on what worked for me. There is a lot of research out there on plant-based diets and the positive impact this diet has on health which really made me comfortable with my plant- based lifestyle choice! If you want to dive more into the science/evidence side of things check out our resources section. Any statements made on these platforms are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent any disease or illness. Please consult with your medical practitioner before making any changes to your current diet and lifestyle.